CALL FOR EXHIBITS - The Gifts of Art Program is seeking submissions for solo and group exhibitions for the September 2018 to August 2019 exhibit year. One of the first and most comprehensive arts in healthcare programs in the nation, Gifts of Art brings the world of art and music to Michigan Medicine, the academic medical center of the University of Michigan. Nine 2-D and 3-D galleries throughout the medical center are viewed by approximately 10,000 people a day and display over 30 exhibits a year. The Exhibition Program is designed to calm nerves, lift spirits, and engage minds. This supports the healing process and reduces the stress and anxiety often associated with a healthcare setting. Engaging with the arts in a medical setting can be an especially powerful, even transformative experience for patients and visitors. For more information about Gifts of Art at Michigan Medicine, please visit www.med.umich.edu/goa.
- Enough artwork to fill an entire gallery
- A description of the proposed exhibit
- A minimum of 15 quality JPEG images for solo artists
- A minimum of 24 quality JPEG images for group shows
- No application fee
- DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS - May 31, 2018
- NOTIFICATIONS SENT TO ARTISTS - July 15, 2018
CALL FOR COLORING BOOK ART -
We are seeking submissions of original art drawings for individual pages in a new coloring book for adult patients and guests of our hospitals, reflecting the theme, "I'D RATHER BE..." The 32 page coloring book will contain drawings submitted by various artists through this call, and will be given free of charge to patients at the University of Michigan Hospitals, along with a free box of 24 crayons.
ABOUT THE COLORING BOOK THEME - “I’D RATHER BE…”
The theme for this new coloring book came directly from our patients who told us they wanted to color images of places they would rather be than in the hospital, things they would rather be doing, and activities that would transport them to a happier time and place. This will be the third original art coloring book created by the Gifts of Art program for adult patients. Our first two coloring books have been enjoyed by more than 125,000 patients and guests at Michigan Medicine.
REQUIREMENTS - WHAT WE'D LIKE FROM YOU
- Drawings that strongly reflect the theme of the new coloring book, "I'D RATHER BE..."
- Black & white line drawings that lend themselves to coloring primarily with crayons.
- We are seeking drawings for all skill levels.
- Drawings that reflect the diversity of our patient population and hospital community.
- Each artist may submit a maximum of two drawings for consideration.
- Drawings can be hand drawn or computer generated.
- Drawings can be uploaded via this website, or mailed directly to Gifts of Art (directions below).
SELECTION - HOW IT WORKS
- Drawings must be original works by the submitting artist.
- Accepted drawings will be considered a donation from the artist.
- Artists will retain copyright to their drawings.
- Accepted artists will receive credit on their coloring book page (name and title of work).
- Accepted artists will receive a copy of the final printed coloring book and will be recognized for their donation on an acknowledgment page inside the coloring book.
IMPORTANT DATES TO KEEP IN MIND -
- DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS EXTENDED! - June 15, 2018
- NOTIFICATIONS TO ARTISTS - July 31, 2018
ABOUT GIFTS OF ART - One of the first and most comprehensive arts in healthcare programs in the nation, Gifts of Art brings the world of art and music to Michigan Medicine at the University of Michigan. Gifts of Art programs utilize the power of the arts to support the healing process for a diverse community of patients, families, visitors and staff. To learn about all of Gifts of Art's free services, please visit www.med.umich.edu/goa.
For further details about drawing requirements and to apply to this call, submitters must create a profile to continue.