CALL FOR EXHIBITS - The Gifts of Art Program is seeking submissions for solo and group art exhibits for the September 2019 to August 2020 exhibition year. One of the first and most comprehensive arts in healthcare programs in the nation, Gifts of Art brings the world of art and music to Michigan Medicine at the University of Michigan. Nine 2-D and 3-D galleries throughout the medical center are viewed by approximately 10,000 people a day and display over 30 exhibits a year.
The Exhibition Program is designed to calm nerves, lift spirits, and engage minds by supporting the healing process and reducing the stress and anxiety often associated with healthcare settings. Therefore, we take into consideration the medical and emotional sensitivities of our viewers. Overt sexual content, violence and nudity will not be considered. We also avoid pieces that are confrontational, chaotic, obviously depressing or contain negative medical connotations. For more information, please visit www.med.umich.edu/goa.
- Original artwork only
- Enough artwork to fill an entire gallery site
- A description of the proposed exhibit
- A minimum of 15 quality JPEG images for solo artists
- A minimum of 24 quality JPEG images for group shows
- No application fee
- DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS - May 31, 2019
- NOTIFICATIONS SENT TO ARTISTS - July 15, 2019