CALL FOR EXHIBITS - The Gifts of Art Program is seeking submissions for solo and group art exhibits for the September 2020 to August 2021 exhibition year. One of the first and most comprehensive arts in healthcare programs in the nation, Gifts of Art brings the world of art and music to Michigan Medicine at the University of Michigan. Our nine 2-D and 3-D galleries throughout the medical center are viewed by approximately 10,000 people a day and display over 30 exhibits a year.
The Exhibition Program is intended to support the healing process by calming nerves, lifting spirits, engaging minds and thereby reducing the stress and anxiety often associated with healthcare settings. With large patient, staff and visitor populations that are diverse in every way imaginable, we strive to be inclusive and honor this diversity by mounting exhibits that reflect today's world. For more information about our mission and other Gifts of Art programming, please visit www.med.umich.edu/goa.
- Original artwork only
- No application fee
- Brief description of the proposed exhibit
- Solo artists upload a minimum of 15 quality JPEG images
- Group shows upload a minimum of 24 quality JPEG images
- Accepted artists must provide enough artwork to fill an entire gallery site
- Artists are responsible for all shipping costs to and from Michigan Medicine.
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE - May 31, 2020
- NOTIFICATIONS SENT TO ARTISTS - July 15, 2020